Pumpkin Seeds | Natural – Just Organik – 120gm
- The seeds, indeed, are concentrated sources of many health-benefiting vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and essential amino acids such as tryptophan, and glutamate
- Raw kernels can be enjoyed as healthy snacks. Whole seeds can equally be enjoyable when roasted.
- Also, the kernels can be salted or sweetened
- Just like other nuts and seeds, they can also be used in granolas, biscuits, bread, cookies, casseroles or baked goods.
- The seeds also used in salads especially sprinkled over fruit/vegetable salads.
- You may add them to desserts, particularly sundaes and other confectionaries.
- The seeds are frequently added to enrich in meat, poultry, rice, and vegetable dishes.
- Crunchy, delicious pumpkin seeds are high in calories
- Their high calorific value mainly comes from protein and fats. Pumpkin Seeds contain Oleic acid that helps lower bad LDL-cholesterol and increases good HDL-cholesterol in the blood
- Pumpkin seeds carry good-quality protein Also, the seeds are an excellent source of amino acid tryptophan and glutamate.
- Glutamate is essential for the synthesis of gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA). GABA, an anti-stress neurochemical in the brain, helps reducing anxiety, nervous irritability, and other neurotic conditions.
- Pumpkin seeds are a very good source of antioxidant vitamin-E
- Pumpkin kernels are also an excellent source of the B-complex group of vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine) and folates.
- Furthermore, its seeds contain good amounts of essential minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
- Consumption of pumpkin kernels help develop resistance against infectious agents and scavenge harmful oxygen-free radicals